The high-speed passenger train that revolutionized rail travel is now available with a paint scheme that includes updated logo graphics, new car and locomotive numbers, and WiFi symbols. Also updated are warm white headlights and ditch lights. As an official Amtrak® licensee of the Acela® train, we're proud to present this DCC-equipped* model in our award-winning Spectrum® line. Our Acela features dual locomotives (one powered, one non-powered) that can reach scale speeds of 150. The Acela Express® set comes complete with first class passenger car; end business class passenger car; Cafe Acela® car; 22" radius, 81" x 45" nickel silver E-Z Track® oval; and power pack and speed controller.
- DCC-equipped for speed, direction and lighting
- interior selector switch for choice between rail and pantograph operation
- die-cast gear towers and chassis
- precision motor
- working directional headlights, ditch lights, and markers (warm white and red)
- operating doors
Passenger Car features:
- tilting chassis to travel smoothly around curves at high speeds
- flush windows
- lighted interiors
- blackened RP25 wheels
- photo-etched, blackened brass inserts on air ducts
- finescale interior detail, including passenger seats and tables
Bachmann Industries is an official licensee of Amtrak®. Amtrak, Amtrak California, Amtrak Cascades, America’s Railroad and Pacific Surfliner are service marks of the National Railroad Passenger Corporation.