As the 1920s progressed, the need for faster, more powerful locomotives to pull the 20th Century Limited and other famous trains along the New York Central’s routes become clear. The American Locomotive Company fulfilled that need in 1927, as the 4-6-4 Hudson type entered service along its namesake Hudson River. The Hudson became an iconic symbol of both the New York Central and fast, luxury rail travel.
Factory-set for 4-6-4 maximum realism and equipped with an Econami™ SoundTraxx® steam package, the locomotive offers a choice of 16 whistles, multiple variations of 6 bell types, 4 prototypical chuffs, 5 air pumps and 4 dynamos, plus cylinder cocks, grade-crossing signal, blowdown, brake squeal/release, coupling/uncoupling, water stop, and "All aboard"/ coach doors—all in 16-bit polyphonic sound. Visit your favorite hobby retailer to add this engine to your N scale layout today!
- DCC sound-equipped with Econami™ Sound Value package
- dual-mode NMRA-compliant decoder
- precision motor
- authentic Boxpok-style drivers
- operating headlight and tender backup light
- completely hidden drive train
- gear drive
- separate detail parts, including bell, whistle, pop valves, and handrails
- die-cast chassis
- metal driver axle bearings
- E-Z Mate® Mark II couplers, rear; extra front dummy coupler in down position included
Performs best on 11.25" radius curves or greater