PALACE LIVE POULTRY CO. #6834 (Cluck with Chickens)
From the late 1800s to the 1960s Live Poultry Cars were used for the safe transportation of chickens, ducks, geese, turkeys, and all types of live fowl. These special “Henhouses on Wheels” were commonplace across the North American rail network and featured wire mesh sides with multiple levels of individual coups, each fitted with feed and water troughs. An attendant traveled on board in the central compartment to ensure the animals received feed and water throughout their journey. Each car is fully assembled and features highly detailed painted bodies with precision graphics, interior poultry silhouettes, attendants service door, blackened machined metal wheels with RP25 contours, magnetically operated E-Z Mate® couplers, non-magnetic blackened brass axles with needlepoint bearings, Celcon® trucks, and added weight for optimum tracking performance.
- Silver Series® Rolling Stock – Fully Assembled
- Highly Detailed Painted Bodies with Precision Graphics, Poultry Silhouettes, Attendants Service Door
- Blackened Machined Metal Wheels with RP25 Contours, Magnetically Operated E-Z Mate® Couplers
- Non-magnetic Blackened Brass Axles with Needle-point Bearings, Celcon® Trucks
- Added Weight for Optimum Tracking Performance, HO Scale 1:87
- Product Measurements: L 6.5 in., W 1.5 in., H 2 in.
- Retail Package Measurements: L 7.25 in., W 1.75 in., H 3.4 in.