Dome passenger cars gained popularity in the late 1940s across the United States. Featuring a rounded glass dome on top of the car, passengers could ride and see in all directions around where they were seated. They are often used as coach cars, lounge cars, and observation cars. #10031 “Ocean View” was the last Great Dome car used by Amtrak until its retirement in 2019.
- Silver Series® rolling stock – fully assembled passenger car
- lighted interior, highly detailed painted bodies with precision graphics (where applicable)
- machined metal wheels with RP25 contours
- magnetically operated E-Z Mate® couplers
- non-magnetic blackened brass axles with needle-point bearings, Celcon® trucks
- preforms best on 22" radius curves or greater
- HO Scale 1:87
- Product Measurements: L 12.25 in., W 1.5 in., H 2 in.
- Retail Package Measurements: L 12.9 in., W 1.7 in., H 3.5 in.
Bachmann Industries is an official licensee of Amtrak®. Amtrak, Amtrak California, Amtrak Cascades, America’s Railroad and Pacific Surfliner are service marks of the National Railroad Passenger Corporation.