Based on the highly successful SC-44 Charger, the ALC-42 is designed specifically for cross-country service on America’s most scenic and storied routes, displaying an updated appearance with a new nose profile and cab door configuration. Thanks to both Siemens and Amtrak®, Bachmann’s ALC-42 has been developed using original design documentation and employs prototype field recordings for maximum realism. Features include a TCS WOWSound® CD-quality 16-bit 44,100Hz decoder with Audio Assist® for easy configuration without CVs, and a Keep-Alive® device for uninterrupted operation, even over dirty track. The WOWSound® diesel-electric locomotive package includes an authentic horn, bell, prime mover, startup/shutdown, compressor, cooling fan, coupler close/release, brake release/application, crew alert, grade crossing quill, station announcements, and more.
- Siemens-approved design
- DCC sound-equipped for sound, speed, direction, and lighting control
- TCS true CD-quality audio in 16-bit, 44,100Hz sound
- Keep-Alive® device that keeps your engine running during power interruptions due to dirty track or loss of electrical contact
- voice-guided Audio Assist® programming tool for easy setup of almost all decoder functionality
- dual-mode NMRA compliant decoder
- directional headlights and marker lights
- interior corridor work lights
- steady/alternate flashing ditch lights
- die-cast frame with separately applied windshield wipers, grab irons, and detail parts
- E-Z Mate® Mark II couplers
Bachmann Industries is an official licensee of Amtrak®. Amtrak, Amtrak California, Amtrak Cascades, America’s Railroad and Pacific Surfliner are service marks of the National Railroad Passenger Corporation.