The high-speed passenger train that revolutionized rail travel is now available with a paint scheme that includes updated logo graphics, new car and locomotive numbers, and WiFi symbols. Also updated are warm white headlights and ditch lights. As an official Amtrak licensee of the Acela Express® train, we're proud to present this DCC-equipped* model in our award-winning Spectrum® line. Our Acela Express® features dual locomotives (one powered, one non-powered) that can reach scale speeds of 150. The Acela Express® set comes complete with first class passenger car; end business class passenger car; Cafe Acela® car; 22" radius, 81" x 45" nickel silver E-Z Track® oval; and power pack and speed controller.
- DCC-equipped for speed, direction and lighting
- interior selector switch for choice between rail and pantograph operation
- die-cast gear towers and chassis
- precision motor
- working directional headlights, ditch lights, and markers (warm white and red)
- operating doors
Passenger Car features:
- tilting chassis to travel smoothly around curves at high speeds
- flush windows
- lighted interiors
- blackened RP25 wheels
- photo-etched, blackened brass inserts on air ducts
- finescale interior detail, including passenger seats and tables
Bachmann Industries is an official licensee of Amtrak®. Amtrak, Amtrak California, Amtrak Cascades, America’s Railroad and Pacific Surfliner are service marks of the National Railroad Passenger Corporation.