50' EXPRESS REEFER - CANADIAN PACIFIC #5604 - HO Scale. Refrigerated rail transportation revolutionized the North American produce industry in the early 20th century, allowing fresh commodities from the west to be sold for the first time in the east, and vice-versa. To expedite the delivery of these time-sensitive goods, railroads attached specially designed Express Reefers to their priority passenger trains. One or more of these cars could usually be found at the head end of the consist, in front of the baggage and passenger cars. Using trucks designed for passenger speeds, this practice allowed the produce on board to arrive at its destination much faster than it would on a standard freight train. Bachmann’s HO scale 50’ Express Reefer features detailed roof walks and ladders, hatches, brake wheels, and an authentic wood-panel-effect exterior. All examples come equipped with appropriate weighting, E-Z Mate® Mark II Knuckle Couplers, and free-rolling blackened metal wheels.
- Silver Series® Rolling Stock – Fully Assembled
- Highly Detailed Painted Bodies with Precision Graphics, Prototypical Details Including Roof Walks, Ladders, Hatches, and Brake Wheel
- Blackened Machined Metal Wheels with RP 25 Contours, Body Mounted Magnetically Operated E-Z Mate® Couplers
- Non-magnetic Blackened Brass Axles with Needle-point Bearings, Celcon Trucks
- Added Weight for Optimum Tracking Performance, HO Scale 1:87
- Product Measurements: L 8 in., W 1.5 in., H 2 in.
- Retail Package Measurements: L 10 in., W 1.75 in., H 3.4 in.
- UPC: 022899757018