An articulated engine that provided tremendous power at high speeds, the EM-1 was ideal for hauling passengers and heavy loads of coal up and down the Appalachian Mountains. It joins our N scale Spectrum® line equipped with an Econami™ SoundTraxx® steam package. Factory-set for EM-1 realism, the steam package offers a choice of 16 whistles, multiple variations of 6 bell types, 4 prototypical chuffs, 5 airpumps, and 4 dynamos plus cylinder cocks, grade crossing signal, blowdown, brake squeal/release, coupling/uncoupling, and water stop—all in 16-bit polyphonic sound.
• DCC sound-equipped with Econami™ Sound Value package
• dual- mode NMRA-compliant decoder
• die-cast boiler and frame
• twin brass flywheels
• all-wheel pickup in engine and tender
• soft white LED headlight and backup light
• separately applied handrails and stanchions
• detailed backhead
• traction-tire equipped
• chemically blackened wheels
• E-Z Mate® Mark II couplers
Performs best on 11.25” radius curves or greater.
Bachmann Industries is an official licensee of CSX Corporation and is authorized to use trademarks owned and/or registered by CSX Corporation.