From moving troops and supplies in a divided nation to definitively uniting the country in steel at Promontory, it’s little wonder that the 4-4-0 is known simply as the “American.” Larger than its predecessors and powerful enough to transform the railroad into an essential transcontinental system, the 4-4-0 was further immortalized in later years as a star in countless Western movies. To this day, its classic appearance and opulent decoration evoke the adventurous spirit of the Old West and the pioneering determination of a nation in its youth. Your American adventure is calling with the Bachmann HO Scale 4-4-0.
- classic period design
- locomotive-specific styles of stack, domes, bell, whistle, and tender trucks
- warm-glowing LED headlight
- detailed, spoked drive wheels
- wood or coal load per prototype
- magnetically operated E-Z Mate® Mark II couplers, front and rear