Introduced in 1950, the all-purpose, 1600-horsepower RS-3 diesel locomotive had the stamina and strength for freight and passenger service yet was agile enough for yard work. With its rugged, dependable design, it’s no wonder that many of these versatile RS-3 locomotives are still working today on short lines, tourist lines, and freight lines. Our model comes ready to go to work with True Blast Plus™ 16-bit polyphonic sound including prime mover, horn, and bell.
• navigates O-31 curves
• length 14.5"; height 4.25''
• durable ABS plastic shell
• 6-amp reverse board
• direction lock-out switch
• dual motors with flywheel coasting action
• directional LED lighting
• separately applied grabirons, drop-down steps, and windshield wipers
• wire-formed handrails
• traction tires
• True Blast Plus™ 16-bit polyphonic sound including prime mover, horn, and bell
Bachmann Industries is an official licensee of CSX Corporation and is authorized to use trademarks owned and/or registered by CSX Corporation.