The Wide-Vision Caboose (also known as Extended-Vision Caboose) was designed with a wider cupola projecting from its sides. After World War II, train cars began to be taller and wider than their predecessors. The extended cupola assisted the train’s crew in seeing beyond both the tops and sides of the train cars ahead. This caboose design saw service on most U.S. Railroads. Bachmann’s Wide-Vision Cabooses are fully assembled and come in a variety of colors and road names.
- highly detailed painted bodies with precision graphics
- blackened machined metal wheels with RP25 contours
- magnetically operated, body-mounted E-Z Mate® Mark II couplers
- non-magnetic blackened brass axles with needle-point bearings
- Celcon® trucks
- added weight for optimum tracking performance
- N scale 1:160.