With the advent of the Bolshevik Revolution in 1917, the Baldwin Locomotive Works was forced to stop shipment of over 100 Decapod 2-10-2 engines originally bound for Czarist Russia. These “orphan” locomotives later found homes with American railroad companies and helped relieve a scarcity of motive power after WWI. They are now part of a new revolution in model train sound realism, equipped with a TCS WOWSound® CD-Quality 16-bit 44,100Hz decoder with Audio Assist®. This decoder allows easy configuration without programming CVs as well as a Keep-Alive® device for uninterrupted operation, even over dirty track. It also features Chuffinity™ technology for amazingly diverse and realistic chuffs and a WOWSound® steam locomotive sound package that includes bell, whistle, blow down, cylinder cocks, water fill, coupler close/release, brake release and application, grade crossing quill, depot sounds, and more.
- DCC sound-equipped for sound, speed, direction, and lighting control
- true CD quality audio in 16-bit 44,100Hz sound
- Keep-Alive® device that keeps your engine running during power interruptions due to dirty track or loss of electrical contact
- voice-guided Audio Assist® programming tool for easy set-up of almost all decoder functionality
- dual-mode NMRA-compliant decoder
- operating headlight
- completely hidden drivetrain
- cog V-belt flywheel drive
- precision motor
- precision balanced brass flywheel
- metal motor bearings
- separately applied stack, domes, and cab
- separately applied parts including bell, whistle, pop valves, cut levers, handrails, and stanchions
- separate sanding lines
- highly detailed cab interior
- painted crew figures
- siderods blackened per prototype
- die-cast finescale driver spokes
- tender with all-wheel electrical pickup, detailed coal boards, and metal handrails
- E-Z Mate® Mark II couplers, front and rear
- Performs best on 22” radius curves or greater.
- Product Measurements: L 10.25 in., W 1.5 in., H 2.3 in.
- Retail Package Measurements: L 13.5 in., W 3 in., H 6.5 in.
- UPC: 022899854045
Bachmann Industries is an official licensee of CSX Corporation and is authorized to use trademarks owned and/or registered by CSX Corporation.