In 1939, GM’s EMD division introduced two switcher locomotives: the NW-2 and its smaller sibling, the SW-1. The NW-2 was equipped with a 1000-HP twelve-cylinder engine. It was GM’s most popular switcher of all time, with over 1100 units sold. The last unit was manufactured in December 1949. Many railroads and shortlines have rebuilt these units due to their flexibility and reliability. Williams by Bachmann has updated this dependable switcher with our exclusive True Blast® Plus sound package.
• True Blast® Plus 16-bit polyphonic sound including prime mover, horn, and bell
• 4 wheel trucks with traction tires
• powered by dual motors with flywheel coasting action
• all metal gears and wheels
• electronic 6-amp reverse board with directional lock-out
• durable ABS plastic shell
• die-cast trucks, truck sides, and frame
• dual headlights
• die-cast operating couplers
• wire handrails
• navigates O-27 curves
• length 12"; height 4"