GP38-2 - DCC ECONAMI™ SOUND VALUE-EQUIPPED Locomotive - UNION PACIFIC® #2144 without DYNAMIC BRAKES (Little Rock block lettering) - N Scale. EMD’s diesel-electric road switcher, the GP38-2, began production in 1972 as an upgraded model of the earlier GP38. Looking almost identical to its predecessor thanks to a standard body and cab design, the GP38-2 become widely successful on railroads across the country and can still be found in service today. Equipped with an Econami™ Soundtraxx® sound decoder and factory-set for GP38-2 realism, the diesel package offers a choice of 5 prime movers, 16 airhorns, multiple variations of 7 bell types, 2 air compressors, 3 couplers, plus a function-activated grade-crossing signal—all in 16-bit polyphonic sound. The Econami™ sound system includes adjustable auto-notching sensitivity for prototypical operation, adjustable master volume, individual sound effect volume levels, advanced consisting, and more.
- Factory installed DCC Sound Decoder for GP38-2 realism, sounds include; a choice of 5 prime movers, 16 airhorns, multiple variations of 7 bell types, 2 air compressors, and 3 couplers plus a function-activated grade-crossing signal
- DCC sound-equipped with Econami decoder, dual-mode NMRA-compliant decoder, directional dimming headlights, with Rule 17 dimming
- Precision motor, flywheel, die-cast frame, fine-scale handrails, E-Z Mate Mark II couplers, front and rear, separately applied detail parts
- Preforms best on 11.25” radius curves of greater.
- N scale 1: 160
- Product Measurements: L 4.75 in., W 0.75 in., H 1.2 in.
- Retail Package Measurements: L 6.4 in., W 1.3 in., H 2.5 in.
- UPC: 022899668543
Products bearing American Refrigerator Transit Company, Chicago & North Western, Denver & Rio Grande Western, Rio Grande, Missouri-Kansas-Texas, Missouri Pacific, Pacific Fruit Express, Southern Pacific, Cotton Belt, Texas & Pacific, Union Pacific, and Western Pacific marks are made under trademark license from Union Pacific Railroad Company.