The 0-4-2’s larger fuel bunker and trailing truck allowed it to travel longer distances than its “little brother,” the Porter 0-4-0. They were put to work on plantation, logging, and construction roads. Bachmann is pleased to offer this popular narrow gauge steam locomotive with many premium features, including an NMRA-compliant decoder.
• DCC-equipped for speed, direction, and lighting
• dual-mode NMRA-compliant decoder
• precision can motor
• operating LED headlight
• die-cast boiler and frame
• completely hidden drive train
• choice of three smokestacks
• separate metal detail parts, including bell, whistle, and handrail
• separate Porter Company builder’s plate
• detailed cab interior
• die-cast finescale drivers
• metal valve guides
• main axles with ball bearings
• E-Z Mate® Mark II couplers
This model performs best on 18" radius curves or greater.