The high-speed passenger train that revolutionized rail travel comes to layouts everywhere courtesy of Bachmann Industries. As an official Amtrak licensee of the Acela Express® train, we're proud to present this DCC-equipped model in our award-winning Spectrum® line. Our Acela Express® features the latest in technology and tool making, and its powerful locomotive can reach scale speeds of 150 mph or more. The Acela Express® set comes complete with dual locomotives (one powered, one non-powered), a first class passenger car, business class passenger car, and Cafe Acela® car. Also included are a 22" radius, 81" x 45" nickel silver E-Z Track® oval, power pack and speed controller, and DVD format video with assembly instructions.
- DCC-equipped for speed, direction and lighting
- interior selector switch for choice between rail and pantograph operation
- die-cast gear towers and chassis
- precision motor
- working directional headlights, ditch lights, and markers
- operating doors
Passenger Car features:
- tilting chassis to travel smoothly around curves at high speeds
- flush windows
- lighted interiors
- blackened RP25 wheels
- photo-etched, blackened brass inserts on air ducts
- finescale interior detail, including passenger seats and tables
Bachmann Industries is an official licensee of Amtrak®. Amtrak, Amtrak California, Amtrak Cascades, America’s Railroad and Pacific Surfliner are service marks of the National Railroad Passenger Corporation.