Introduced in 1950, this all-purpose 1600-HP locomotive had the stamina and strength for freight and passenger service yet was agile enough for yard service work. With its rugged, dependable design, it’s no wonder that many of these versatile RS-3 locomotives are still working today on short lines, tourist lines, and hauling freight.This DCC sound-equipped model includes our Sound Value SoundTraxx® diesel sound package with prototypical prime mover, 3 air horns, and bell--all in 16-bit polyphonic sound.
• DCC - Sound Value equipped for speed, direction, lighting, 16-bit polyphonic sound
• all-wheel drive
• precision can motor
• dual, precision-balanced flywheels
• super-quiet, helical cut gears
• die-cast chassis
• metal cut levers
• finescale handrails
• blackened metal wheels
• prototype-specific directional headlights
• RP25 wheel contours
• E-Z Mate® Mark II couplers
Performs best on 18" radius curves or greater.
Bachmann Industries is an official licensee of CSX Corporation and is authorized to use trademarks owned and/or registered by CSX Corporation.