Along with its 4-4-0 cousin, the 4-6-0 configuration was one of the most common wheel arrangements offered by locomotive manufacturers. The combination of speed and traction made 4-6-0s suitable for both freight and passenger service, and nearly every railroad used them. Our On30 locomotives are based on stock models from Baldwin’s narrow gauge catalog.
• DCC-equipped for speed, direction, and lighting
• dual-mode NMRA-compliant decoder
• flywheel drive
• idler gear box
• die-cast frame, boiler, and cab
• machined, blackened wheels
• wood cab and steel cab versions
• additional die-cast detail parts
• easy-to-install options, including:
three headlight/backup light styles (oil, acetylene, electric)
three stack styles (cap, Rushton, tapered)
three fuel loads (wood, coal, oil) included with each model
• E-Z Mate ® Mark II couplers
This model performs best on 18" radius curves or greater.